Saturday, November 15, 2014

Around Here

 The weeks are flying by. I can't believe it is Thanksgiving time already. I had the kids work on their yearly thankful books. It was fun reading their past books. 
 Here are a couple pages of Fieldin's. We have been busy with school and taking alot of Fall walks. The weather has been very cold but we are getting used to it and not letting it cut back our outdoor time. 
 Tonight, we all went on a 4 1/2 mile walk and came home and made hot cocoa. The kids made a gingerbread cake that smells just way too good. We are all kind of in Christmas mode this year. Not sure why but we are ready to get out the Christmas decorations. We put out Thanksgiving decorations and made a Lego turkey but we are excited to get decorating again. 

 We took the kids and a friend of Greta's roller skating on our day out of school. I can't believe I haven't had the kids in roller skates until now. Greta hadn't been on roller skates since she was 4... It was a rough first hour with some major falls but they picked it up quickly. I was excited I still could skate well after so long. It was fun after all the tumbles and then they didn't want to leave. 
 going down on the practice rink.. and skating right along on the rink(below) 
My favorite memory was playing air hockey with Fieldin. We were both in our skates and playing when I looked away for 1SECOND and when I turned back he was gone....he had fallen and was on the floor laughing.. it was funny. 
Very thankful for time with friends and my family lately. Thankful for a job I enjoy and being able to spend time volunteering at the kids school. I am also thankful for this bit of time lately to reorganize closets, knit a quick Christmas gift, take a walk and cuddle with the cat.. I've said it before but it is the little things and I am so very thankful for it all. 

No comments: