Thursday, January 15, 2009

So That's Where My Penny Came From....

Sorry...No photo today. Taking a day to let me and the camara recharge. I did learn about money distribution today from Miss Greta that I wanted to share. After running errands today, Greta asked for all my money, which I'm very used to, so I gave her some coins. Then she asked where coins come from. Admittedly being off my game today, I started droning on and on about the US Mint... I know. How Boring. After some silence I looked at Greta who was looking at me blankly like "Is that all you got for me, come on" and started telling me the real story of coins. They come from the desert, are loaded onto trucks. The trucks drop the change onto our streets. Then we pick up the pennies and change off the street and put it in our piggy banks. Ingenious! I think the trucks keep passing up my street because my piggy bank is getting low.....

1 comment: