Saturday, January 24, 2009

It was Flan-tastic

So my flan wasn't a flop. It worried me though. It didn't look like the one I made while in high school but I guess that is probably a good thing. I got this recipe from a Seattle Mariners cookbook that Jeff bought while he was working there years back. The recipe is from Stan Javier that used to play in the outfield. If a baseball player makes it, it's got to be good right?

4 eggs, beaten
1 14 oz can sweet condensed milk
2 8 oz cans evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl combine eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla. In a saucepan make caramel with water, sugar and cinnamon sticks over medium heat. ***This is a long process. If you have carpel tunnel syndrome or a lack of patience I don't recommend it. In a 9 x 13 casserole dish pour milk mixture and then top with caramel mixture. Bake 45-60 minutes ( I cook it for 60 minutes)Serves 8.

In other news. Greta is back to normal Greta and Fieldin loves a party. As for me and Jeff, we hear there is a Sonic Burger coming to town. I will need to work on my self -restraint.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That sounds yummy!