Tuesday, December 8, 2009

He Walks

1:00 ish p.m. Jeff was home for lunch. The baby took his first steps toward his daddy. He is fast. When he really gets going he walks sideways like a crab. He claps for himself and he is proud. I cried. I bawled when Greta took her first steps too. It's bittersweet. I am so proud but I also feel a little loss. When they take those first steps they are gaining a lifetime of independence and they are no longer babies. Fieldin, all three of us are so proud of you. We love you pudger.

Tonight I get to watch Fieldin walk around and wave and shout "bye" to Greta as she passes. What a wonderful thing to see while I wash dishes. Thanks to a good find by Jeff I am washing while listening to "A Christmas Carol", narrated by Orson Welles from his radio show broadcast. It is amazing. Those days of radio broadcasts cannot be beat. After this I am going to listen to Bing Crosby's WWII radio broadcasts and listen to one of my favorite songs, Snoqualimie Jo Jo.

Happy night everyone and Congratulations my sweet boy.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I think that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Congrats Fieldin!

Unknown said...

It was great seeing his joy in doing this in person last night!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, little buddy! Daddy