Monday, January 13, 2014

Ugly Potholder

 We are all blessed with talents... sewing is not one of mine...
I get out the sewing machine about once a year to work on a few projects and I am reminded quickly that sewing is not my thing.. as you can see in the pics.  Even sweet Greta told me that she could do better and she can't sew.. I'd say that was a major burn but it is the absolute truth. I'm pretty sure the cat could have sewed it better by jumping on the peddle.. We had lots and lots of laughs over this poor pathetic thing. So as I try to add more creative time to my year I don't think my time will be spent with the sewing machine. Practice will not make perfect in this situation. I also worked on a stenciling project yesterday to the households surprise. I am not usually a stay in the lines sort of person so I think I made Jeff and the kids nervous as I stenciled. In the end it turned out well, not perfect but that just gives it character, right? 
 As horribly bad as this turned out it was fun and gave me a chance to laugh at myself which is always good to do once in awhile. Do I like to sew? Sometimes... but I'd rather play with a paintbrush or hand sew. As for the potholder, I tested it out and it works well so I'm going to use it and laugh every time I see it. 
 some close ups of my wonderful work. Yikes.. 
I hope this may make you all try something new today. If you do let me know what it was and how it turned out. I am sure what ever you choose to do it will turn out better than this potholder :) Now on to more crafting adventures. 

No comments: