Monday, January 20, 2014

This Weekend

Jeff's mom came to visit this weekend which was nice and the kids were very excited. She was able to see Greta play basketball. This game brought on a bad case of laryngitis I think..you know with all my cheering I do. Jeff's mom didn't move away from me like most people and said I didn't shout too much. I am sure she was being nice but I will take her word for it. 
 This was her first game this session and the first time she played with real basketball rules and score keeping(not modified rules). She was teamed up against a girl that we guessed to be about 5'4" and 10 years old. Greta's stats are 4'9" and 8 years old(she's the youngest on her team). She held her own well and got a basket which is always her goal. It was fun watching Greta look up to this girl all wide eyed. After the game she said she never played against anyone so tall before..(Above is a picture Jeff"s mom took of Greta in black closest to the basket being scrappy with the tall girl in green.) If it made Greta nervous playing against a much bigger girl, well I think it made me more nervous...by the way.. The starting jump shot was between Greta and the tall girl. Greta got it.. I was so proud. 
 We went to a museum of history and watched a movie and ate too much theatre popcorn
 Fieldin being a scientist/archealogist
A nice weekend but would have been better with a voice.. I am never so quiet :) 
A big thank you to Bev and Jeff for taking pics. I'm a slacker! Two more ball games for Greta this week and soccer for Fieldin.. I will bring my camera.. maybe it will stop me from cheering and save my voice! 

No comments: