Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Years Resolution..

If you know me well you know I am more of a creative type person.. The problem is I am also a type A person.. these two traits usually don't exist together often. So I usually give up creative time to get things done around the house, errands and practices etc. Last year I was pretty stagnant in the creative department. This year I want to fix that, I am much happier when I create. The last couple days I have been taking the time to do a few things. 
 The type A in me wants very badly to control the lego chaos in the house. His favorite part of Legos is the people and he is always losing them, their pieces and there is alot of time spent searching.. So I used a $2 piece of foam board, some old legos we had from the 80's and lots of hot glue. Now he has a place for his people. We mounted the board to a wall in his room at a height he can reach. So far it is working really well. I think I may put some molding around it to make it look like a frame. I think it will be around for quite a while. 

 We realized Fieldin is at an age that he may start getting visits from the tooth fairy in the coming year. I asked him what kind of tooth fairy pillow he wanted and he said "Angry Bird Star Wars Yoda" pillow... So I spent a couple hours this morning drawing it out, cutting felt, gluing and sewing.. The picture isn't very good but there is a pouch in the front.. It turned out cute and I had all the stuff laying around so it was free :) 
And, I've been practicing with my water colors again.. I am pretty rusty but with some practice I think I can get back on track. I usually paint with acrylic so I forget that watercolor can be less forgiving.. I am enjoying taking a few minutes when I find them and painting little things likes this for a practice journal. 

I hope all of your resolutions are still running strong! 

No comments: