Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

 2014! Can't believe it.. this year I taped the year on the wall for all of us to write our resolutions on.. most of the kids resolutions are about crafts and travel it looks like. I'm thinking I may scrapbook this, I love seeing their writing and reading what they wrote. 
 I had the kids make their own New Years balls to drop but we started too late and they didn't dry in time. So,they glued fun confetti and sequins to round paper plates as a back up and it worked just as well. 
 Chompers is starting the new year missing some fur after a trip to the vet. He is ok. It actually looks worse in person. Every time I take a picture of it, it just looks like a small upside down heart. We are hoping for his sake it grows back quickly. 
 Dropping their new years balls off the second floor. Fieldin isn't tall enough to see over so all we could see was his little hands.. They would count down from twenty as they dropped. 
 They had a lot of fun with this and it kept them busy for longer than I expected. 
 More dropping.. They wanted me to countdown and then yell happy 2014! 

Down on the pull out couch most of the night watching Rudolphs shiny new year and the Santa Claus movies.. They love them. Then we had breakfast for dinner in our pjs.. We watched the ball drop at nine and they were done! Both wanted to stay up til midnight but that didn't happen.... ;)
Wishing you all a wonderful 2014! 

No comments: