Thursday, April 25, 2013

Slow Change

This is my view from the kitchen window today. 
This morning the top portion was heaped with toys, kids table, wagon, water table etc. All the "stuff" had been sitting unused. This area was meant to serve as a play area that could later be turned into something else. It has been a crazy mess for three years. Last night, we asked the kids if we could get rid of the play area. I was afraid to ask, knowing they would be against it! To my surprise, they both looked at me and said "yes" in unison. Greta asked if we could make her an area for reading and Fieldin suggested making it an area for gardening. Umm..I am still a bit surprised. Anyway, much was moved today and now it looks so different. I am sure my neighbors are as pleased as I am :). 
This was just one of those instances that I realized our little family is growing up. Even me. I had grand plans for this space and now I am thinking we should leave it like it is and not rush into a change. Maybe wait another year, or three. 

No comments: