Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enjoying. Celebrating. Halloween.

This weekend was all about Halloween and fun. Now I have to remind myself  that Halloween hasn't arrived yet. I am so thankful we live in a great neighborhood and live in an area where we can enjoy beautiful Fall foliage and have our choice of pumpkin farms. Here is a bit of the weekend at a glance: 

 In our house decorations are to be played with.They don't make it to the next season usually. They are whacked, pulled, tossed etc. Surprisingly, I am o.k. with it. These decorations give us much delight on rainy days. 
 designing their pumpkins. Greta designed, cleaned and carved her own pumpkin and then said she was TIRED. Fieldy drew on his and then decided to combine his two pumpkins. The top one is snoopy laying down and the bottom one is his dog house... Snoopy laying on the dog house. Love his imagination. Love Greta's creativity. 
 Enjoying the glowing pumpkins inside
 Trick or treating downtown. Captain America stops to seat test a carousel animal. His new sidekick? 
 We need to get used to the rain(not snow) on Halloween. Only a real super hero remembers to wear Sorels on his adventures. 
We invited a sweet group of neighborhood kids and a cool group of parents over for a little Halloween party Saturday. I loved watching the kids do the eyeball in the spoon game and monster freeze. Very fun. I was part of a neighborhood "ratpack" when I was younger. I was very lucky to have so many kids near my own age around me and I have fond memories. I am glad our kids will have the same experience and memories. 
 Me and Captain America and the Ocean princess. Below are Vampire cupcakes the kids and I made. They worked so hard and it paid off. 


No comments: