Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Arts & Crafts

 The lanterns, Greta and I made a couple years ago but I finally found a place for them in the kitchen. Only problem is Chomps likes to jump up and knock the hanging bats off the bottom of the lanterns... then we have some spooky black branches with fun little halloween ornaments hanging. The cardboard tree that used to hold them didn't survive the move so this works for now.  
 Making caramel apples!
 Cutting out pumpkins and attaching them to popsicle sticks. We put on a "five little pumpkins" play for Jeff.
 Finished goodness... lots of caramel, sprinkles and fresh hazelnuts.
 This was a fun project from a kit. I love the hanging spiders and they are too high for Chomps! Ha Ha!
Making lantern jars to tied them over until pumpkin carving. We used painting tape to cut out words like BOO!  and face pieces and then painted all over jars and tape. After it was dry we pulled the tape off and Ta Da! Greta asked" will the light illuminate through the jar? "... when I was six I think "shine" was the extent of my vocabulary. :)

No comments: