Friday, September 23, 2011

In Search Of Things....

I feel like I spend a lot of time looking for things that either don't exist or are hard to find.
Most times I give up, move on and then years later see the item of hopeless searching, EVERYWHERE... I hope this happens to other people. I want others to feel the frustration..ok, not really... but I do feel like I am the only one constantly searching for a special piece of whatever that I can never find.
Tonight I realized maybe it is because my brain works a little funny. For example I have been in need of an extremely large wall covered in chalkboard paint TWICE this week. I've had two crazy ideas swimming around my brain that are totally unrelated that I can't do without chalk and a wall. I was vetoed about painting one of our walls, with an exception of maybe being able to paint one of Fieldin's walls. I think he'll give in, after all I am the one who sneaks him cookies.
Plus, when he is older he can use the wall to keep track of his girlfriends phone numbers.. or to express his teen angst.
Next I have been looking for a hay bale. I need it to decorate with. I did find some, but they were gnome size and cost $8... no thanks. We drove around forever this evening trying different stores and all Fall/Halloween decor is clearanced out. I couldn't find anything I needed, unless I needed Christmas stuff. There is lots of that.. Come on people. Greta wants to throw a Halloween party and I am afraid we will be giving out Rudolph pencil toppers for party favors if I don't act fast..
I am realizing I am ranting. Sorry. But hey, if you have some extra human size hay bales or 8 feet of chalk wall, please let me know!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hee hee. I have wanted a chalkboard wall for a while now. There is also whiteboard paint that I've considered. I haven't gotten "permission" for either though. One thing you could do is get a large piece of particleboard (doesn't weight to much) or wood and paint that, and then you can move it around as needed?

As for the straw, it's everywhere here. Try a farm coop or feed supply store, or call a place that houses horses and ask where they get theirs.

Good luck! I want to see what the vision is!