Friday, June 10, 2011

Trial Vegan: Day One

I am already half way there. I have conquered the no dairy diet, so I thought....why not go all the way. A quick google search took me to the PETA website where I printed out a two week sample vegan menu. Sounds easy, right?? kind of. Jeff told me he will eat vegies etc but NO FAKE MEAT. " I will not eat that stuff" he says.. What he doesn't know is I have a couple packages of "meat crumbles" sitting in the fridge with his name on them. Mushroom gravy can disguise anything I say :) So here is a journaling of day one.


10 a.m. feeling hungry.Body needs to adjust to new diet. I have been off coffee for three days but feel like I have more energy than usual. Will see how day goes..


lunch: eat bean hummus wrap and asparagus/strawberry salad. stomach is feeling much better than it has in months.


2:00 still hungry.. eat some blue tortilla chips and salsa and a handful of nuts. Energy is still good. Mental clarity still good minus usual morning java fix. Was able to build a shelf with helper Fieldy without any mishaps or lost digits..


Dinner: Italian eggplant with marinara sauce

Jeff likes it! woot woot! kids ask to eat it...they like it! Home Run!!! They say they would like to eat it again.. things going good but of course "fake ground meat" has not been brought into picture yet.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good God you gave up coffee too?! You are amazing! And you lunch sounds very yummy :)