Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Because Christmas Isn't For Shouting

Christmas is no time for shouting, time outs or broken glass, which is why we put up a tree that the kids can pull, poke, pinch...you get the picture. This year our Christmas theme is retro 50's.
We have lots of pastels, glitter and old fashioned ornaments on our tree. We even stuck fun small bells on the end of the limbs which the kids love. You can hear ding ding ding...through the house. Ornaments are made and attached to the tree, decorations are moved around, toys are placed within the limbs. Naps are taken under it...and best of all there is no stress. No worries of anyone getting hurt or anything getting broken.

Glitter birds, bells and antique wooden ornaments.
Glitter pointsettas, balls, stars and pine cones for extra sparkle.
And on an unrelated note. Here is a conversation going on behind me. Fieldin is standing on the kitchen bench eating applesauce and singing the WSU fight song happily. Then Greta starts to sing.
F: No sister!!! I sing.
G: Noo.. I can sing too.
F: Time out sister! I sing song.
He sings all day everyday. It melts my heart. I also love hearing them sing together but sometimes, they don't want to share the lime light. I live with divas.

No comments: