Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Old Soul

I am quite old.... Not my age, enthusiam, appearance or physical stature. What's old is my soul.
I've always known it. I always felt I was born in the wrong era. I remember telling this to a beloved coworker of mine once, she had a good 30 years on me. "I think I should have lived sometime between the 20's and 40's" I spoke over my cubicle to her. I loved what she said. "Maybe, but you can't think that way. You were meant to be born now. Your purpose is now. So get over it" hmmm. So I tried.... for many years to live in this era. To grasp technology and watch everchanging models of SUV's come and go when really..... I would take a 1941 chevy over a hummer and an old tattered paperback over a Kindle any day. See I have an old soul. Simple, but not necessarily easy, more calm, less anxious old soul. I am so happy I have in my posession a box of handwritten love letters scribbled to me and not forgotten texts. I had whispers and conversations instead of instant chat. These things my kids probably won't have. I hope technology won't dictate how they show their feelings. So why all this chatter about old souls anyway.. It's been on my mind and I finally reconnected with my old soul and so glad to have it back. I will never try to shadow it again. It's who I am in so many aspects of my life. So why I am I here now, in this era ...I think it was to marry another old soul who needed me like I needed him. I guess I have many years to figure it out...

No comments: