Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We Are Home And Finally Wired

First off, I am sorry, it took us a bit longer than expected to get internet. We are all set to go now. I will have more pics on our flickr page by tomorrow morning. (link to the right)
Second, We did make it here safely. Thank you for those that checked on us. The children did great and I hauled the boat successfully...and yes, I had a death grip on the wheel the WHOLE time. :)
We are renting a lovely home from very nice people and were planning to be here until May when our home would be finished. We ended up buying a different home in the same neighborhood and will be moving in a month or so instead. I will get you all updated info soon.
(the house we are renting. So lovely.)
As for everything else, I think that the more things change, the more they stay the same. We are enjoying it here and the kids are very happy to have their toys back, as of yesterday.
(trails in our neighborhood on Saturday morning)

(Our first night in Oregon after that loong drive)


Enjoying the window seat and watching the sunrise.



Greta dressed as a mermaid playing at the ocean.
We are not tired of the rain yet, Fieldins hair started to ringlet around Portland from all the mositure, There is plenty to do and we are enjoying the people.
I'll keep up with the posts as all resumes back to normal.




2 comments:

Sara said...

So happy for you! I'm glad the trip was uneventful and that you are getting settled in! It looks gorgeous!

Cherisa said...

What a pretty kitchen for a rental home! Looking forward to hearing about the change of plans. The pictures make me very homesick for the West even though I've never lived in Oregon!

And was that the Little Red Truck I saw in the driveway??? I thought you'd bid it farewell!