Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Daily Routine

Routines. We can't live with them, can't live without them. I would consider myself less structured than most, but by day 3 of randomness in our days, I am happy to be getting back to a bit of a routine. We are back to playtimes and eating meals together at our table. As of today we are back to doing laundry and we have stopped using paper plates and cups.
I have noticed we have added some new bits to our day that I am really enjoying. The kids are joining us in bed for a morning wake up call, we take the kids out for an afternoon walk, the kids are enjoying having nighttime dance marathons( Fieldin has some new moves and now says"get down") and our bedtime routine is new and improved. After I sing Greta her last lullaby, I walk past a sleeping Fieldin in his room and find Jeff sitting and relaxing on the windowseat in our room. He opens the window and listens to the rain, frogs and creek and I can tell he is happy. He loves the night air and says it feels like he's camping. As for me, my routine is still in flux as I get used to theirs. I am still trying to find things and just happy to have found our mailbox. My routine will come in good time, I am sure.

1 comment:

Sara said...

beautiful words :) Especially about Jeff, I'm so glad you are all happy there. And hearing frogs, you lucky ducks!