Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crying Over Fairy Dust

It's funny what things trigger emotion. I have been doing very well these days holding back tears. I ended up crying over the most unordinary things today. The first was a final trip to the backyard. Alot of blood, sweat and tears literally went into the landscaping. I recovered quickly and had my biggest cry while sweeping. I swept our wood floors each day and felt a little strange knowing this would be my last time sweeping the floors I loved. It wasn't until I bent over a pile of dust bunnies and cheerio debris that I lost it. Right in the middle of my pile o' garbage was a bunch of fairy glitter from Greta's fairy wings. I sat next to the dust and glitter and had a good cry.

(Fieldin & Greta saying bye to one of the sofas)
(A final pic of our two in the empty house)

(A shirt meant for moving day...)
I ended up crying a couple more times. The mourning process has begun. I drove away seeing Pullman, the kids, our boat and Jeff in his truck in my rear view mirror. The more I drove the more I thought. I was sad that Grace and Greta wouldn't celebrate their first day of kindergarten together. I cried. I won't be in the house next summer to feel the evening breeze blow through the house. I cried. I won't see all my lilacs bloom this year. (unless some sneaky neighbors take pics over the fence..hint hint:)) After a bit I felt better and ready for the adventure to come. I miss you all like crazy and another thank you to Heather and Miss Grace. We couldn't have done it today without you two and of course the wonderful movers.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I tried to be brave and not cry. That only lasted about 30 seconds! I am not brave and I am crying! I hate it that you're not here. On my way to Lewiston I cried thinking about how much Grace was going to miss Greta. How they won't have "crafty" days anymore. I cried thinking of our conversations that spaned so many topics and how those won't be as often anymore. When I came home and the moving truck was gone, I cried. When I came in the house and saw the box of stuff you left, I cried.

Your house seems so strange knowing you are not there. The house has been dark before when you've been out of town or whatever. But this darkness seems different. A sadness about it I guess.

If we do NOTHING else this summer we ARE coming to see you guys. Grace and Greta need to frolick on the beach together this summer!

Please keep us in the loop about all the fun and fabulous things you do in your new home, town and lives!


Remeber you are dearly missed.


Your long distance neighbors,
Heather and Grace

Cherisa said...

Good luck with the process! Isn't is amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years? We moved from Wenatchee/Pullman to Boston with 10 boxes and nothing else. They fit below the berth on our train car. Now it takes 3 burly guys and a huge moving truck to move one town over! Moving always makes me want to purge the house of clutter just so I don't have to pack it in boxes!

Can't wait to see picures of your new area!