Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tonight

So...I knew upon moving here, that my favorite pizza place was going to be nearby. In all my travels, I have found nothing comparable. It's a college pizza joint but you will find families among the twentysomethings and even President Obama has filled up there. Nothing beats a good pizza and a microbrew sometimes.
Greta ate pizza crust while singing carols and Fieldin sat in a high chair dancing to hip hop and making the people around us laugh. A fellow walked by, Fieldy stuck up his hand and said"five" (high five) once he got his "five" he nodded and continued to groove. He has already perfected the art of cool. He has learned the art of coolness from his sister, I give her full credit and then some.
We drove home tonight, leftover pizza on my lap and Christmas music playing(Greta still is in full Christmas mode). I peeked back and saw my babies buckled in the back seat, faces turning from dark to filtered light as we drove under the street lights. I loved watching their faces light up. I am so proud of them.
Tonight was filled with those little ordinary moments that make me feel like I have an extra ordinary life.
I'm a lucky girl indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome, I will have to try that pizza place