Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fieldin

Little Fieldy is talking up a storm lately. He has always been a talker but lately he is picking up words and conversation at amazing speed. This morning after trashing Greta's dollhouse he actually walked over to her and said"I sorry" and gave her one of his big signature kisses..."mmmmmwahhhhhh". Greta was a bit taken a back. " It's o.k. Fieldy" she said. " Bye Bye" he said and took off down the hall.
Yesterday, we didn't go out at our normal time and he did not like this. At 9:30 he brought me his beloved rain boots and stood in front of me with puppy eyes. At 10 o'clock when I still hadn't taken him out I found him gripping the front door knob saying "outside...outside...outside". Not wanting to see what 10:30 would bring, I got him outside quickly.
The little guy has no trouble expressing himself. As a second child, I think his language skills are extremely good. My theory on this, his sister talks 24/7 so he has probably heard every word known to man, thousands and thousands of times. Whatever the reason, we are enjoying our conversations with him and hearing him repeat our words. He also is getting into more and more mischief. He has only been in time out only a few times, but he loves it. Tonight I mentioned"Fieldy, do you need time out" and before I knew it, he was running happily to a corner and sat there smiling. Oh Fieldy, you fit into our family so well.

No comments: