Friday, September 25, 2009

Another Good Day With My Sewing Machine...

Today I was going to take the kids to the orchard to pick up some apples and pears. Jeff said he could take them for me since I am still not up to it. While the three of them napped, I grabbed LOTS of tea and headed to the sewing machine. I thought it would be cute to make Greta a "orchard dress" which I am pretty proud of.
I am not a very good seamstress but trying. I had no idea what I was doing with the interfacing and pretty sure I got the decorations all wrong but it came together. It was a size too big but I did some tweaking. That is the wonderful thing about homemade. You can adjust everything to fit.

After, I made this quick little number out of corduroy. I was very happy to find that she had two matching shirts and some tights that will go with this.


I didn't sew anything for this little guy but thought this was cute. Standing WHILE stacking blocks...such a big boy.




1 comment:

Sara said...

So cute! I'm impressed with your skills, sewing while sick! And you used one of my all time favorite fabrics, I have a ton of that apple/pear print hoarded away for future aprons.