Saturday, September 19, 2020

Finally, Clean Air

After weeks, we can finally go outside! We can see clouds, breathe clean air.. we are spoiled here and take it for granted usually. Thanks to some much needed rain we can venture out again. We sprayed down the house, cleaned the front porch and said goodbye to the thick layer of ash. Some of my plants like my palm trees will need some extra TLC to get the ash off the palms. So happy we got to open windows today.. it’s the little things! 
With the move we have had to do some rearranging in the garage. Add in Greta bringing home MORE percussion instruments, I am ecstatic to get a bit of my art space back and create again. 

The lack of light and the darkness and ash were not kind to my garden but I did find these lovely carrots ready to eat. We were able to clean up the garden a bit and get rid of the wall of beans plants, that FINALLY were somewhat done producing. 

I found a little time to bake bread, it’s strange how it doesn’t feel “ normal” anymore without fresh baked bread in the house. 

The jalapeƱos survived so time to make pickled peppers:) 

The weekly treat basket we take when we visit dad, this week, Fieldin is making cookies and Jeff and I made him wooden Halloween decor
And after all the darkness, I go out and see this beauty. I thought these bulbs were done a month ago but one last burst of color to surprise us! 
 

No comments: