Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Kitchen Chemistry

The kids took over my the kitchen and my mug of tea to do a chemistry experiment on neutralizing ph levels. Fieldin got to be Greta's assistant and was excited about that. 
 It was fun watching them work together. They worked for a hour and a half and wanted to do another experiment but lunch and errands got in the way. 


 A fun time with good results( my morning tea isn't as acidic as I thought it was). Greta has done this before and was teaching Fieldin about acids and bases. We need to make a trip to get her more ph strips since Fieldin wanted to test is Halloween candy, note to self, do not buy sour skittles. Yikes! 
 Once I got the kitchen back I made some dishwasher detergent we are going to try. We already make our own laundry soap, window cleaner and general counter/bathroom cleaner so thought we might as well try our own dishwasher soap. Excited to do an experiment myself and see if it works tonight. If it works as well as it smells(lemony) we are set. 

No comments: