Saturday, April 18, 2015

She's A Decade

Well, it wasn't long ago we were counting 10 fingers and 10 toes,
And today we are counting 10 years. 
A perfect 10. 
I spent my day calling Greta "decade" and "double dig"(short for digit and I can say it in a rappers voice that makes it all the more (un) cool. She thinks it's funny. I told her I can call her "decade" for one year. I will have to remember to call her that when I see her at school. Then she may not think it's funny anymore :) 
The morning started with an excited girl, despite her having a miserable cold. Like a "have to carry a box of kleenex everywhere" cold but she had a good day even with a plugged nose. 
 Fieldin wanted to light her candles this morning, either because he was being kind or because he is a boy that likes fire.. I will let you choose the answer. 
 She wouldn't give us the slightest hint of what her wish was and I am pretty sure I could never guess. 
She had a movie party at a local small theatre downtown that we love. She chose to watch the "Goonies" with about 20 of her friends. This place just fits her personality and also her love for drama. 
 She didn't want cupcakes or cake this year so she opted for Rocky Road and Baby Ruth bars.. If you've watched the movie you will know why. The girls were loaded up on candy, popcorn and sodas so almost all just took them home. 
 A greeting for Gret on the big screen. You can't tell with the flash but there was a disco ball going in there and she LOVED it. It was neat. 
 There she is.. can you believe she is 10 now? 
 She loved the personalized screens around the theatre and being able to walk/dance on the movie stage. 

 opening gifts. 

 and then more at home
 She is at the age where money makes her squeal. 

 more pictures from her party, a sign I put out and Gret a.k.a decade out in front of the theatre. 
 some table decorations...Such a fun time. She did a great job picking this one. 
Happy Birthday to you Greta, 
I can't even put into words how proud we are to have you as our daughter. 
How we love you so, and obviously many others do. 
It has been a very fast, amazing 10 years. 
Once, I was sad to think of you growing up and now I just can't wait to see all you are going to accomplish. 
A perfect 10, indeed. 

No comments: