Friday, May 30, 2014

Goodbye Grandma Violet


One rarely meets a person in their lives that they know from the very moment they meet them that they are one/or going to be one of the most favorite people they will ever know. That was Grandma Violet. Jeff and I loved her in different ways but we both loved her so very much. The kids of course followed suite and loved her very much too, how could they not when she gave them wonderful hugs and was so kind. 
Tonight I read through 16 years of letters from Violet. 
The letters started when Jeff and I got engaged. I couldn't have asked for a better pen pal all these years. 
The letters made me laugh, brought tears to my eyes and I respected her openness about life in her letters. 
She wore her heart on her sleeve.
She was honest. 
She was witty.
I loved her dearly. 
She and Jeff had a very special bond. 
She will be missed. 
Thank you for the gift of those wonderful letters and love Violet. 




No comments: