Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Saving Jar

She is growing up more and more each day. 
In some ways she reminds me a lot of myself. I think her and I both share a hope for a better world. We are both "glass half full" kind of people. She has had an interest in Unicef and "helping others" for a few years now. Recently, she made herself a mason jar bank and labeled it, "Helping My Community". She has done some extra chores to earn money for it and we have put some coins in the advent calendar that she can add to her jar. Her plan is to save until next December and then donate. She'd like to donate to the local Humane Society and maybe a couple other places...maybe Unicef and maybe a wildlife organization that protects elephants. She loves elephants. 
Good job kiddo. She's the kind of kid that picks up any change she finds on the street. There will be no coin left unturned around these parts now. :)  



No comments: