Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Confession

Before I begin, I just want to clarify, I don't think I am old. I am just getting older.

My body had a surprise gift for me this year. 
My body told me I was getting older and not in a nice way.
My body/muscles ached for no real reason right after my Birthday. 
I was miserable and laid up on the sofa most days. 
When I did have to go away from my comfort island sofa, I didn't let on that anything was wrong, even though I wanted to cry with every step or movement. I was in such pain and a bit scared. 
A week later I wasn't getting better, so I broke down and went to the doctor. 
Turns out there is nothing wrong with me per se....just getting older. No pulled muscles, no pinched nerves. 
I had just overdone "something"?
Anyway, I was told I need to start stretching in the morning and night. 
I need to go buy a heating pad. 
And maybe I need to slow down a bit.
If you know me at all, the latter won't happen. 
The last day or so I have been improving.
I have to say, I don't feel old and I am not old but I am getting older.
I need to deal with that. 
I had kids later in life and I like being active with them. 
That won't ever change.  
When I have grandkids I will even want to keep up more. 
I was a little peeved at my body for turning on me this 37th year of my life. 
I know it could have been worse by far. 
I am a bit glad of it now. I will need to change some things but I will be better off for it for years to come. 
If I am lucky, I will still be playing beach dodgeball when I really am old someday.  
Future me better watch out. 


No comments: