Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day Of School For The Eldest

The house is too quiet. 
I had my morning chores done by 9:30 a.m.
I potted plants. 
I've stared out the window...I've cleaned off the front porch. 
Wierd.. all this quiet. Fieldin is luckily here this week, but he is busy. Busy doing all the stuff he couldn't when sister was home like play on the computer first (Curious George on PBS kids), play at the park alone.., have me make popcorn he doesn't need to share and watching Curious George on t.v., his favorite donut episode with no compromises. He is taking the first day of school a little too well. :) Today he is content just doing what HE wants so I am rolling with it. 

As for this girl. She read for hours yesterday. Decompressing and getting ready for school. She was up bright and early. She watched the clock and gave me updates. She wore her backpack for 45 min before we left for school. She had me leave early for drop off. She wrote me a list of what she wanted in her lunch. She was so excited to be back in school and I am very happy for her. 
 Some crazy lady put signs up around the house wishing her a happy first day. This one says "second grader" with an arrow pointing down. 

 He is clapping in all her excitement
 Happy First Day my girl! You did a great job picking out your outfit( she loves animals wearing glasses so this is her fav shirt). Can't wait to hear ALL about your day. :) 

No comments: