Thursday, July 5, 2012

Around Here

Around here we are happy to see sunshine. 
Around here Greta is busy reading short chapter books about fairies and she loves Garfield the cat. Which makes me so happy because I was obsessed with Garfield at her age. Watching it, cartooning, reading the cartoons. I even sent my cartoons of Garfield to his creator Jim Davis, and I still have the written letter he sent back to me. The funny thing is I have not pushed Garfield on Greta in anyway. She found him herself. I love when she reads me the cartoons and then she giggles. I love that she tries to draw him and I can help her. 
Around here cleaning is being ignored to make more time for play. 
Around here more jam(raspberry) has been made and the blueberries are here. 
Around here Chompers cannot move from the window, or he thinks he may miss the escape of the baby blue birds outside our kitchen window. 
Around here we have been busy, clothes are dirty and gross at the end of the day, we are enjoying summer. 
Around here, I can still get the kids to go hiking without too much complaint at least a few times a week. 
Today Fieldin decided he would measure the trees with his little measuring tape from Home Depot. 
Testing the width. It's three Babbitt's wide between the trees. 

No comments: