Sunday, June 10, 2012

Celtic Fest

We spent Saturday at the Celtic Fest in Newport. We watched Highland games, dancers, listened to music, did kids arts and crafts and played. 
 The kids loved the highland coos. I have always loved them.
 They love these photo ops. 
 Greta had a Loch Ness monster painted on her cheek. 
 Fieldin asked for a dragon blowing fire. That is his shield he is carrying. 
 Watching....
 Me throwing at the Woman's Welsh cast iron skillet toss. My best throw was 37 feet. It would have been 40 feet but I was 3 feet away from center line :( Best throw of the day by the winner was 64 feet. Yikes. As the joke goes, I think Jeff is safe from me as long as he can run 40 feet from me before I find my skillet, or just don't make me angry:) 
 Greta being taught how to do Highland games. Here she is running with two pails full of heavy rocks. 
 Fieldin throwing a caber. The man teaching them was so patient and nice. 

and once again.. they love these :) 

No comments: