Friday, January 20, 2012

Etc.

Feeling a little under the weather today. Been sleeping it off and now catching up on things. Today was a day when I volunteer in Greta's class. I really enjoy it. I love seeing her smiling face, watching her focused on her work, I love hearing her answer questions. I love hugs at lunch and giggles at recess. I am glad I can be there the little amount I am. So nice to see her.

Here are some snow pics Jeff took for me while I was away of the kids in the snow. He sent me text pics of the kids making mini sowmen and their snowbib smiles. A bit sad I missed the excitement. The sweeties saved me a little paper cup of snow in the freezer. Fieldin was talking to grandpa who had 8 inches of snow and Fieldin said"we have some snow in the refrigerater"


 The little man is all about school lately. After we drop Greta off at school he comes home to do his"homework" or "flightwork" as he likes to call it. He likes to do school for about a hour. Sometimes at night he brings over one of his books for us to do a page with him. His favorite work right now is cutting and pasting, activities, counting and matching. We are slowly getting into letters...they aren't fun:) He likes to tell Greta about his work when she gets home. He is very proud. Chompers sits at the table next to his work to micromanage our progress. Fieldin thinks this is funny. He tries to teach the cat what he is learning.
 Here is Miss Greta before school. She doesn't see Chompers much these days and is so happy to be around him when she is home. Her interests are growing as she becomes older and more independent. I sing her old Madonna songs before bed, especially "lucky Star" which is her favorite. Jeff and I like listening to classic madonna better than some of the Disney singers. Classic madonna still has inncocent lyrics so it's safe.. her cd came with a poster of madonna from the 80's of her face and it looks like a Warhol. She hung it in her room. It makes me crack up whenever I walk in.

She is starting to get interested in clothes, music, loves technology and games, her time is split between playing with her old fashioned toys, playing nintendo ds and games, reading, doing homework, swimming... and Phineas and Ferb. I am starting to make her start doing chores... her down time is wearing thin but she is managing well so far. She is really changing.... 

No comments: