Monday, September 5, 2011

This Girl....


This girl starts First grade tomorrow. I think she is a bit nervous but it is hard to know with her. She has a good poker face. I made her favorite dinner tonight and Jeff made her an apple cake for a pre- 1st day celebration.
She has been sad about the change to a full day at school instead of a half day. She wishes she could be home for lunch and she will miss me. I told her she will love lunch with her friends and I will be eagerly waiting for her after school. The honest truth is.. I have to hold back a few tears because I will miss her terribly. We have had lunch together since she was born, even through kindergarten and pre-school. Lunchtime will be a bit different tomorrow.
So what is Miss Greta looking most forward to at school this year?? "Recess and Math" she says.
Her and I are so similar in so many ways but I am 100 % positive I have never uttered a breath of excitement over math. You go Greta!
and P.S. Miss Greta.. we are always so proud of you.

No comments: