Saturday, May 28, 2011

Aviation

Ok.. another of my secrets abound..not only am I a history/art buff, I like airplanes...especially WWII bombers... We took a family field trip to the Evergreen Aviation Museum and it was amazing. A whole day of fun, especially the space building... o.k...yes!! I love all things about space and space exploration too... boy I am just spilling the beans.. there will be no more secrets of myself to share.. ha, o.k. not true. Now onto the photos before I tell you more secrets of myself, like my addiction to Oregon Hazelnuts..



Playing games...for kids but more for daddy's
Snacking in front of a MIG

So excited to be at the museum..


Fieldy thought this plane was for him.. and yes his shirt says wingman.. he is my wingman. (thanks for sending shirt Michel!)


Recreated Wright Bros planes and the "Spruce Goose" in the background. Howard Hughes' wood plane. This plane was HUGE.


In front of one of the WWII bombers..





This is the little boy that would not ride a baby train with his sister last week. Give him a chance to go on a plane ride that will take him high up in the air alone and he is all for it... so much that he rode it three times and wanted more. After each ride Greta yelled "where's my parachute?" as she jumped from her plane. Fieldin yelled"Cowabunga".


Re-creation of moon buggy. Jeff, Greta and I have been to Cape Canaveral before and toured NASA. I have to say, I had more fun with this museum and exhibit..




I have a bunch more fun pics to share but out of room.. I will try to get more on flickr this weekend. Hope all of you had a great start to the three day weekend. Congrats Sara for a school year ended! :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks for the shout out! That museum looks like a ton of fun. How fantastic that there are so many cool (and educational!) places near your home.

I hope you are all having a great holiday weekend! It's been rain rain rain around here.