Sunday, November 21, 2010

Because If You Don't Go Griswald, You Don't Do Christmas.

Those were Jeff's exact words.
Tis' the Season for the Clark Griswald in Jeff to come out of hiding. Jeff loves his lights and decorations. He has a giddy smile all December until January when he can buy MORE decorations discounted.
We have always decorated the day of or after Thanksgiving but the folks here in the Valley get a jump start early. We were coming home from errands last night and when the kids and me looked out our back window, we saw two neighbors with Christmas lights decorating their rooftops. I cringed, I knew what this meant. Before I had time to think I turned to see Jeff standing in the middle of the kitchen with his jaw dropped to the floor. "It's on like Donkey Kong" he said....here we go.
No surprise that some of the decorations made their way down from the shelves today. With the kids decorating our ladder in the garage with twinkle lights. The smell of wassail heating on the stove and the sound of Alvin and the Chipmunks singing Christmas favorites on the stereo. I came downstairs from doing laundry to find two sparkly moving deer looking at me through the window, and Jeff heading to the backyard, blowup penguin in hand, singing Santa Claus is coming to town. Fieldin peeked at me and said "mommy, I do deer" with a look of pride. Oh great, Griswald is genetic.
Greta was jumping around in joy and Fieldin was saying"It's Merry MissMas!" "HoHoHo!"
Whenever Fieldin sees anything holiday, he says"I see Christmas!"
So while at Home Depot tonight buying water proof extension cords for our Christmas herd of deer, Fieldin was pointing and shouting like crazy"I SEEEEEE CHRISTMAS!!!! Well, thanks to his daddy, now he (and airplanes above) can see Christmas every evening.
Love you Jeff.
(Fieldin and Greta watching the decorations go up)
**Added**
Fieldin woke up this morning asking to "Blow up Santa". He stood by the window saying "there they go!" and "That nice, Christmas!". I left the inflatables and dear on all day. He loved it. He would laugh while standing at the window..saying"ho ho ho!" and saying "mommy watch deer". He and Greta get so excited about anything Christmas. They both dance a happy little jig.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Ok, how did I miss this when I drove by your house today? Granted it was daylight, but I should have seen it. I'll be sure to watch when I go to the bus stop!
Jeff should hire himself out to decorate...don't be surprised if not much goes up on our house...it's the 80 santas that will be up inside the house that I'm in charge of:)
darcy

Raylene said...

I talked him into putting his display out back for now.. but I am sure you can see the 7 foot Santa from the mailbox... He has yet to start the front of the house..