Thursday, September 16, 2010

One Final Vroom Around A Parking Garage

Everyone knows how much we love Jeff's little red truck. If you don't know about this truck, I am sure you have heard it without even knowing it. I am sure it can be heard all the way to the Dakota's..
Tonight we hugged it (literally) good bye as it starts a new life in a wonderful home. Greta shed some tears, Fieldin kept pulling on the door saying "Daddy, I ride home"...it was heartbreaking. The kids ADORED this truck, but probably not a much as Jeff did. Lil Red Truck gave him almost 20 years of faithful service and adventures. Lil Red truck was cool. Real cool, and Jeff had just put a new bumper sticker on him too. Sadly, it was time to part ways..and like in any break up, it wasn't him, it was us. It was time to get another vehicle that can haul the two munchkins.
I forgot my camera at home, so I wasn't able to document Lil Red for the last time but I will never forget the memory of Jeff driving the kids in Lil Red around the parking garage for one final farewell lap.
Godspeed Lil Red. We'll Miss You.

No comments: