Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pink & Mud Look Good Together

Before I begin, I have an apology to make...Yes Jeff, I admit it, the kids get more dirty on my watch. There I said it.
Let me take you back a couple weeks when Jeff went out exploring with the kids. They came back beyond filthy. After a trip to the creek next to the house and playtime in the landscapers "hidden" pile of rock the kids were gross. I had to throw Greta's pants away and I'm pretty sure a pair of shoes were ruined. I gave Jeff an unjust hard time. "kids being kids" he said. "True" I said, but they only get this way on your watch... Well I must have forgotten a few of my "watches". A day of sweats having to be washed and dried a couple times and still full of sand. The very dirty rainboots and shoes eternally left on the front porch because they are too disgusting to touch. But worst of all was today...and it happened once again on my watch. Today was another lovely t-shirt day. We had already played at the park in the morning with no major damage. This afternoon we were asked to go on a walk exploring with some neighbors. Living in a new development is an instant explorers dream for kids. Big trucks, chunks of concrete and rocks, mounds of dirt, mud..you get the picture. We had fun but it all ended with 3 kids getting hosed off in their scrubs in the middle of the street. Gretas clothes in the pic above...that picture was taken AFTER The hosing..I had to change my clothes, Fieldy was dirty but not as bad as usual and Greta was filthy once again. But it is all ok. Kids are supposed to be kids...even grown sized ones.

No comments: