Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Feeling A Bit Sentimental

While the kids took their afternoon rest time today, I sat and stared at our walls.

It made me well up a bit. I can count the number of days left in our house on my fingers. It will come and go so quickly. Shortly after we wave goodbye to the house, the new owners will be opening the front door to begin their own memories here. I wonder if they will love this house as much as we have? I wonder 20 years from now how many people will have owned this home.
We bought this house almost 8 years ago. It was shiny and new with asylum white walls throughout. It was a house waiting to become a home. We were excited. We painted walls first thing. The kitchen was bright orange, the bathroom light purple, quickly all the white walls were gone. We watched the yard get landscaped and cheered at our first blade of grass. We watched fireworks on the 4th of July from our back deck. We used the house as our guinea pig, learning to plumb, mess with electrical wires(and getting shocked..), sheetrocking and pruning roses.

So here we are 8 years, two kids, and a house of muted calm colors later (we changed the orange walls a few years back). We will miss it here but are happy for it's future owners. I know it will be a good little house for them just like it has been for us.

No comments: