Monday, November 30, 2009

One Of Those Rare Moments...

I just had a rare moment where I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror...and saw me. This wasn't an early morning brush my teeth, brush my hair, apply chapstick glimpse, I saw myself in the moment. Kinda like if I were in a portrait. Sitting in my bed, the laptop balancing on my knees while I do research. My hair tied up in a towel after a much needed shower. I'm wearing my flashback to the fifties glasses and I have changed. I'm looking my age, and a little too tired at the moment. I look a little stressed. My forehead is crinkling. I'm spinning a pen in my fingers as I take myself in. I take a deep breath. If you ask me I'd say I could look better. Forty years down the road future me would probably say I look young right now and lucky. I may even say I didn't appreciate the 30ish year old me enough. I'm setting below a watercolor of flowers that I painted. Strange seeing myself by my own artwork. It's hanging crooked. I'm not going to fix it. I wonder if future me will remember myself the way I am right now. I hope so. Maybe I need to take the time to take a look at myself more often...

1 comment:

Sara said...

:)

I'm sure you do need to take time out for these moments more often, you busy mama.