Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday

I have been waiting for rain. My reasoning is a bit selfish, I just want to wear my rain boots and splash around. It has been dry around here lately.. I woke up to rain this morning. "hmmm, it's raining.." I thought. It was one of those "be careful what you wish for moments". I had plans to spend the morning at the park. It didn't take long to remember rainy days inside can be fun too. the morning was spent watching Greta sew more Halloween puppets, playing chase with Fieldin, teaching Greta to make quesedillas and applesauce, helping Fieldin use his fork and laughing when he put things on his head and said"top hat". It's been a good quiet morning. Thank you rain.

Greta and I are working on a Thanksgiving project that we will do over the next month. She is making a "I am thankful for.." book. Here is her list. I wrote down what she said. I love how she uses words. I thank her love of books. When I was four I am sure I didn't sound like this:

I am thankful For:

elephants
because mommy and daddy love me
ice cream
my lovely home
pens to draw with
my happy self
owls hooting in the night
pumpkins in pumpkin patches
Cinderella, Tinkerbell and my little brother
Gracie because she is my friend.

I love this list. I wasn't aware we had owls at our house but it is nice to be thankful for them:) I am just happy to see that I made the list. It is hard to beat out ice cream.

No comments: