Monday, September 14, 2009

A Special Day

No Birthdays. No Holiday. Just a special ordinary day and one I will remember. The day my kids became play buddies and friends. Not just genetically linked siblings. They have always adored each other but there has been some distance lately. Greta was not quite ready to make Fieldin her play bud, since he was just "the baby". Her door has been kept closed a lot lately to keep brother "out". Today he won her over. I heard him get an open invitation to her room, with one condition ...of course, there always is. "Keep away from my princess shoes. You can come into play". Shortly later she said "Fieldy, lets play cars". He's been slowly breaking her down lately by blowing her kisses,"mmmm..mwah" whenever she walks in the room and dragging over the Fischer Price Christmas catalog over to her so they can whisper about what to ask Santa for this year ( I overheard, sounds like the Bat Cave). They get into trouble and each say"uh, oh" in unison and she has been giving him LOTs of hugs, Setting him on her lap, wanting to set next to him at the table, the list goes on. The big breakthrough moment came this morning when they were looking at a book about sharks. Fieldin would work hard to get his pointer finger working(his new trick), point to a shark and say "Nay Nay"(our poor fish). They both said "ooohhh" while turning the pages and looking at the sharks and Fieldin attacked Greta's arm like a shark and said "arggh". They laughed, they talked, he was in like flin. It has been a cool day watching them. Another brother bonus, he is quite the whistler. A talent Greta hasn't mastered.
I love you two, even though you are already ganging up on me. It's o.k. I am just so happy you are friends...and to see Greta's door open again.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aww how sweet, but it is all downhill now for you Raylene ;)

By the way, the picture of Greta at the top of blog makes me smile, especially because I reconigze that as my favorite ride as a kid.

I'm horrible at replying, but read every entry.

Anna

Raylene said...

thank you for reading. I was thinking of you guys the other day. I hope everything is going well!

Greta is going to be a roller coaster kid..thats for sure :)