Friday, September 18, 2009

Being Crafty With Things Around The House

A Little pipe cleaner bling......
This was a skirt my friend Sara made for Miss Greta this summer. Sadly, she outgrew it but I couldn't part with it. I loved the seahorse fabric and the fact that Sara made it. I turned it into an ocean bag. Miss Greta, or maybe me :), can use it as a purse or a bag to hold our ocean treasures. The elastic waistband is perfect for keeping everything safe inside. I added a sturdy bamboo handle that Greta can easily hang over her shoulder. I love this.

Today was crafty day so I had the girls make Autumn pouches. An easy pouch to wear on a hike or taking a Fall walk. Little girls love picking up leaves, pinecones and rocks to save. I made it with sturdy cardstock so as long as they aren't picking up soggy leaves we should be ok. I could have made this with sewn fabric but wanted something the girls could glue silk leaves to.



A second crafty day project..folding memory books. A little cardboard, fabric and cleverly folded cardstock and Ta Dah!Perfect for the girls to take on trips to write notes, attach found goodies and stickers, etc.
I also took an old dress of Greta's and turned it into a cute little play/baking apron for her since she is outgrowing the Thomas the Train one I made her last year. I tried to take a picture of her wearing the apron but she was spinning around so much in it I couldn't catch her on camera.
Now that I got warmed up a bit, on to bigger projects....



No comments: