Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who Knew?

I was thinking yesterday about my life. Not intense contemplation, just thinking about how my life has come about these last ten years.

WHO KNEW I would say things like " I don't know, the last time I saw that book you had it in your pants."
WHO KNEW I would live in a small town and know the difference between wheat and hay fields.
WHO KNEW I would be lucky enough to marry a man that thinks watching his children grow is way more important than more money and a fancy title.
WHO KNEW I would have two children. They make it impossible for me not to believe in miracles.
WHO KNEW I would be living in our first home 7 1/2 years later in the same town, when our original plan was "maybe a few years..". I admit it, it's grown on me.
WHO KNEW I would become a good cook.
WHO KNEW I would start drinking coffee when I never drank soda for 10 years.
WHO KNEW I would find enough patience to grow a green thumb.
WHO KNEW that I would find weekends at home as fun as traveling around the country.
WHO KNEW I would meet so many interesting people along my journey.
WHO KNEW I would start a blog and share my thoughts for the world to see.
who knew?

No comments: