Monday, August 3, 2009

What I Learned From Roller Derby- Lesson 1

1. It is not easy to make yourself fall over and over again, even for a klutz like me.
2. A mouth guard can save you from a concussion.
3. I will be going through a lot of duct tape because I'm pretty rough on my skates.
4. Roller skating, fake falling and roller drills make me very sore. I haven't hurt this bad since I ran x-country in high school and that's saying alot.
5. My body is getting older....
6. There are people more competitive than I am.
7. Roller Derby is as cool as I thought it would be.
8. Keri is a great friend for cheering me on and not laughing hysterically at me. I am sure it was hard to hold it in. :)

I'll keep you all posted on my roller derby experience. Right now, I am going to take some ibuprofen, lay in the fetal position and HOPE I can get out of bed tomorrow morning.......

No comments: