Friday, February 20, 2009

Cooler Than Cool

Before I begin on today's post I wanted to share Greta's bakery sign from our "owning a bakery" play this morning. I love that her bakery has donuts AND lettuce. Like all bakeries should...
So yesterday we found a pleasant surprise in our mailbox. Some very pretty sheets of wrapping paper. The only thing is we have no idea where they came from. The best part about this gift was the packaging more than the paper. The minute it was pulled from the mailbox, Greta laid stake on the mailing tube. "This will be my telescope" she said. Now for those out there not understanding why we found so much joy in a tube, I will explain. For crafty people, finding a sturdy mailing tube is hitting the mother load(so many possibilities!) This is something we wouldn't throw away... EVER! A tube is one of the necessities in kids crafts along with toilet paper rolls and plastic peanut butter jar lids. This is a case of one mans trash is another mans treasure, indeed. I'd like to thank the sender of the tube and lovely paper whomever you are. If this was a passive aggressive way of telling me I forgot a birthday/anniversary/holiday, I am sorry but passiveness doesn't work on me. Next time send a note inside another mailing tube and I will be sure to remember.... :)

No comments: