Saturday, January 31, 2009

Techno Overload

I had a laundry list of techno gadgets and things that had to be taken care of this weekend. Technology isn't one of my strong points since my creative mind wanders and my patience is tested. It is too much for this simple gal to take really but here is the story of my day. Five Techno gadgets mastered:


8ish: Ordered cell phone. Our current cell phone, that is never used, will not work in near future. Was told it was of dire importance to order a new phone or the earth may stop rotating(or something like that) yadda yadda. Order phone with 2 days to go till deadline, after ordering phone realize old phone will still work. New phone will not work until Mid-April. Mutter few choice words to computer screen and write "Switch Phones" on April calendar since my memory is fleeting.
8:30: Get out untouched Digital Photo Frame keychain from Christmas. Stare at it blankly. Is this useful? No. Then realize it could be a great distraction to the wee ones in a long grocery store line. Start working quickly. Pick past pictures of favorite trips and pics of the babes.
9:00 Admire pics of kids on keychain slideshow and call in the Crew to watch with me. The four of us squeeze together to watch a 1.5" screen for a few seconds.
9:03 Eat pudding. Eye Gretas bright Pink MP3 player in its package. Walk away. Give in and start trying to pull apart insanely tough plastic packaging.
9:20 With packaging off finally! Plug into the poor 'puter to charge and download music.
9:30 Overwhelmed with the power of having every Flogging Molly song at my fingertips, downloadable in seconds. Loose all focus. Start getting the shakes from lack of food since my pudding breakfast. Eat half a quesadilla and more pudding (for the calcium, ahem..)
11:00 Set up the MP3 dock so we can blast music. Realize we're out of AAA batteries. Start a list. Starting to feel smug since I am conquering tech gadgets. Jeff reminds me MP3 players work in our car. Huff off to the garage to spend one- on -one time with 10 pound car manual. Add cord to shopping list.
12:00 Ready to shop but notice new landline phones staring at me.(ours died) Thought it would be a quick setup.
12:15 Get phones out of packaging and start putting in battery packs. See small writing on batteries " Must charge 15-20 hours before plugging into phone line" Mutter more words under breath. Plug in phones. Start getting kids ready for shopping.
1:42 Finally heading out the door with list in hand. Decide to make stop at grocery store for jalepeno dip ingredients. It may be a long night for me. Buy batteries, cords, another MP3 player for Jeff (he didn't get pink), a stop at Greta's pre-school so she could lurk around and peek in windows like a creepy stalker and then home again. Greta remembers she found 2 penny's in the parking lot and lost them in her carseat. Ask's me to take apart entire carseat to find them. Nope.
3:00 Give stink eye to the charging phones on the counter, fight with batteries and cords. Everythings working!
3:30 Realize I haven't set up the new(much needed) coffee maker. Directions at first glance believed to be in Latin. Is Latin a friendly language?.. not when it is used for directions. Try to decide if we really need a charcoal filter in the coffeemaker. It would be much easier to skip that step.
4:30 We now have working coffee maker and coffee that will be purer than our drinking water from the tap. Realize we don't have #4 coffee filters. Insert more muttering.......Here.
4:32 Decide to get them tomorrow. Throw all manuals, registration cards and misc paper in a big pile.
4:40 Ready to veg out on couch knowing that I could go jogging tomorrow, listening to new tunes, watching my little peeps on my little keychain, calling on my cell phone to the newly working landline phone to tell Jeff to have fresh steaming coffee waiting for me. Only one part of this sounds absurd.... like I would go jogging.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a productive day! Maybe Fieldin will love the flogging molly, you never know! :)