Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mommy's Painting On The Walls Again......


Those words aren't muttered very often are they? Usually it is the opposite problem, kids drawing on the walls. Not around here, Greta paints neatly on proper painting paper while I shoot for the bigger canvas. That's a benefit of being a grown up I guess, writing on the walls without a timeout....Today I finished Gretas bedroom. I started painting in her room a year ago when she staked claim on the larger of the two bedrooms (8 months before baby brother could get to it). I was done except for one request. A painted pig. "Hmmmm" I would say. I really thought she would change her mind on the pig, not sure why, but I gave her a year to think on it. If she still wanted one, I would paint it for her. Two months ago the "pig" started coming up in conversations like this one, "I can't sleep because I don't have a pig on my wall, I would REALLY like a pig on my wall". So coming through on my promise I painted not only a pig but a flying pig for more 3 year old whimsy. She likes her pig but she said she would like it better next to a cow. Here we go again......






1 comment:

Randi said...

Of course, Greta needs a flying pig on her bedroom wall! Wonderful that she has a super mommy who can make that happen.