Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We'll see.......

One of the hardest parts of parenting for me is saying"no" without Miss Greta knowing I am saying "no". Don't get me wrong, I can say "no" when needed but I am bombarded with questions all day that all deserve the reply "No way chickadee" but to cut back on the amount of melt-downs I usually go the passive aggressive route and say "we'll see". I have been gliding through these past 3 years spewing out "we'll see" a million times a day and I thought I had her fooled. I was soooo wrong. Two nights ago I asked Miss Greta if she was ready for bed. She looked at me and gave me her devilish smile that ALWAYS means trouble and she said very sweetly "We'll see...." At this moment I knew she had me. I asked innocently "So are you ready for bed?" and she said" Mommy, we'll see means NO.." Well played Miss Greta. Since then every time I ask her a question I hear " we'll see mommy, we'll see" I guess I forgot to tell Jeff about this new development and I heard her use it on daddy. Seconds later I hear"Raylene, did you hear that, We'll see means NO" Yes sir, it does. So for the next year I am just going to have to "think about it".

No comments: