Friday, January 17, 2020

Collecting Dust

This little blog looks as though it is collecting dust. No movement or change. That may be true to this   blank journal space but in real life it is the opposite. We get into routines and photos and thoughts are forgotten. As the kids get older it is harder to capture those moments let alone eat a meal together. 
The eldest spends her days at high school thriving and has the GPA to show it. In her “spare” time she. Has piano and drum lessons as well as teaching piano herself. Her evenings are taken up with pep band, pit orchestra, mentoring robotics,  babysitting and volunteering. In the rare case she is home she studies, practices and cuddles her cat. When we do get to see her we call her “ the girl that sleeps upstairs and eats all our frozen burritos”. 
Fieldin spends his time outside of school in band and also piano lessons. He is at robotics a couple times a week. When he is home he is creating, practicing or standing in the food pantry. He is outside playing and finding a pal to play with. 
As for me I mentor Fieldin’s team and work with a very enthusiastic class this year that keeps me on my toes. I sometimes teach Sunday school and am a part time Uber driver to my kids. Chores and errands take over my time and I am trying to squeeze in some time for me. 
Jeff works hard, helps me raise our rascals and is also their Uber driver and he keeps me sane. 
There is a new season upon us. Teenagers and change. I just need to keep documenting these days....

No comments: