Thursday, June 11, 2015

Batter Up!!

I FINALLY am getting into the swing of taking photos again and brought my telephoto lens to Fieldin's game tonight. 
 Batting, thanks to my lens I noticed he sticks his tongue out when he bats. And, yes, I know he doesn't tuck his shirt in like the rest of the team. Noone seems to care so we don't, after all he is 6. 
 Oh my goodness I love this picture. Waiting to go out in the field and then waiting to bat (below) 

 He looks so grown up here. He gives us a thumbs up sometimes after a good play. If he misses a grounder sometimes he shrugs at us like "oh well, I tried".
 He gets rotated between 1st and 3rd base. If he isn't at one of those two places he is put on the pitcher's mound. 
 He has a good arm on him, he gets to use it alot at first base throwing to the catcher after almost every bat. 
 
 Throwing to first from third base (below) 
 After a hour the game is over,sadly it goes by so fast and so fun to watch. He is # 15. 
We all know he was named after a major league baseball umpire. We never push the kids into a sport, this is a sport he really wanted to play so maybe it is in his blood, we will see. The funny thing is when coach yells "fielding position" he looks up because he thinks he is yelling "Fieldin position"  or yelling at him :) 


No comments: