Friday, February 6, 2015

Time Is Flying

I cannot believe it is February already. Time is flying so quickly I can't keep up. 
We have been busy around here with school, work and the beginning of sports again for both kids. It is Battle of The Book time for Greta at school so she is excited. Now that she is older there is always some kind of project to do. 
 Greta is still enjoying 4-H and cooking. She makes mac & cheese for Fieldin and herself and makes dinner once in awhile. She made the rhubarb raisin pie above with some help from Jeff on the meringue(heart) topping. I love that she likes to cook and she likes to look for new recipes. I actually feel pretty safe having her in the kitchen working which as a helicopter mom surprises me greatly.. 
 As for Fieldin he always wants to bake cookies and he still is creating. This is his football helmet for superbowl. 
 It's indoor soccer time for Fieldin and swimming for Greta. Greta also starts volleyball soon. It was nice to have a sports break for awhile. 
 Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us. Fieldin started his Valentine's for his two classes and Greta has decided not to give out Valentine's this year. She has no interest in it at all. Kind of surprising yet kind of funny too. 
 cooking dinner...
 Yesterday was the first day I had time to start cleaning shells from our trip. It is like finding new treasures all over again. 
 Fieldin creations. I love the lego lemonade stand below. It is one of my very favorite things. 
Feeling very blessed these days, appreciating my friends, my husband and my kids so very much. 
I go to bed very tired each night and feel lucky because I know my days are full. 
I love seeing the kids blossom into their own people and pursuing new interests and I am enjoying the ride.


No comments: